SPARTANBURG – The Spartanburg Sanitary Sewer District (SSSD) is celebrating a great accomplishment: All eight of its water treatment facilities are recipients of the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA) Peak Performance Awards.
The awards are based on 2019 performance, and we are proud to say all eight plants were 100% compliant with permits related to the discharge and disposal of pollutants.
Platinum Awards are given to facilities that meet full compliance with permits over a consecutive five-year period. If 100% compliance is maintained beyond the initial award, Platinum Award status continues. The following Spartanburg Water-owned facilities have earned Platinum status:
· Fingerville Wastewater Treatment Facility – Platinum8
· Clifton-Converse Wastewater Treatment Facility – Platinum7
· Page Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility – Platinum7
· Cowpens Wastewater Treatment Facility – Platinum6
Gold Awards recognize facilities that have achieved 100% permit compliance for an entire calendar year. The following Spartanburg Water-owned facilities have achieved Gold status for 2019:
· A. Manning Lynch Wastewater Treatment Facility
· Lower North Tyger River Wastewater Treatment Facility
· South Tyger River Wastewater Treatment Facility
· Pacolet Mills Wastewater Treatment Facility